Put a Spin on Tradition!
Tradition is tradition for a reason… It is something that has been done before and proven to be a productive method. With the rise in popularity for multicultural weddings, modern traditions, and innovative technology, individuals find themselves looking more and more towards current trends for their wedding day.
The traditional wedding ceremony is strategically scheduled and organized to abide by the rules and guidelines that brides and grooms have been following for centuries. With the advent of social media and an expansive networking community, it has become easier to find ways to make your wedding day more personal, and more complimentary of modern society.
Let’s take a look at some of the traditional wedding components and discuss how you can make them more refined to your own tastes and personality!
1) The Wedding Cake – The wedding cake has traditionally been a towering centerpiece that is shared amongst guests. Today, the dessert still remains a crucial component of the reception, however, modified to individual taste and preference. Cupcakes have been trending over the last few years – they are personal, small, and easy to distribute. Not a cake person? Then scrape it entirely! Serve your guests a delicious sundae or freshly baked pie!
2) The Speeches – Family and friends have a tendency to share personal, often embarrassing, stories about the bride and groom on their wedding day. Take your guests on a trip down memory lane by sharing a slide show of childhood photos and working your way up to the courtship!
3) Exquisite Cocktails – add flare to your big day by offering guests a signature cocktail menu with drinks named in honour of each member of the bridal party. Drinks are not simply there as refreshment anymore, take it to the next level by incorporating your wedding theme into each beverage. Red Décor? Why not kill 2 birds with one stone by serving a trendy pomegranate beverage – adding colour and exotic flavour to you favourite martinis.
4) A Twist on the Traditional Guestbook – Years from now you may reminisce about your wedding day by flipping through photos and little memos left in the guestbook… But why look at still photos when you can watch your guests live in action? Set up a photo booth with a video recorder and allow guests to share their blessings straight from the heart!
5) Walking Down the Aisle – I don’t know about you, but I have always been a daddy’s girl. But what about mom!? Every bride dreams about the day that her daddy walks her down the aisle. Nowadays, dual escorts have become a more frequent occurrence. Have both mom and dad wish you farewell on your wedding day!
Happy Planning 🙂