Want to be a part of an award winning team and help in making someone’s beginning Beyoutiful? We are thrilled to announce that we are growing our Beyoutiful Beginnings team! As a new member, you will be trained on various cultures and customs to ensure you can meet the needs of our clients.
What we’re looking for:
The Event Coordinator will provide integral support to the Beyoutiful Beginnings team on wedding and event days. As the lead planner, you will assist in both planning logistics and decor set-up/tear-down. An average day can range anywhere from 4 to 17 hours long (often ending late in the evening). This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on wedding experience and be part of an exceptional team.
Behind all of the pretty details there are to-the-minute schedules to manage such as packing, loading and un-loading of supplies, and maintaining constant communication with the team, vendors and clients as required. If you are graceful under pressure, with exceptional customer service skills, show initiative and are prepared to roll up your sleeves to make magic happen, then this role is for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and execute the event brief
- Work collaboratively with the Beyoutiful Beginnings team in on-site event day logistics
- Assist in managing a to-the-minute wedding day schedule, liaising with the bridal party, family, guests and vendors
- Assist and communicate directly with all vendors
- Assist with set-up and tear-down of the event decor plan (this may include carrying heavy boxes and climbing ladders)
- WPIC or have an Event Planning Certification
- You are organized, polished and professional
- Demonstrate constant initiative
- Have unparalleled attention to detail
- Have exceptional client service skills and enjoy going above and beyond for clients
- Have a positive attitude and are very personable
- Are resourceful and enjoy problem-solving
- Handle stress with ease and remain graceful under pressure
- Are willing to sweat and be on your feet for longer periods of time
- Are a team player
- Are keen to learn about and grown within the wedding and events industry
- Must be available to work weekends
- Must have access to a computer, email and be familiar with Microsoft Excel
- Must have reliable transportation
- Experience in multi-faith, multi-cultural weddings is considered an asset
To apply please e-mail all of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Creative cover letter outlining why you want to work with Beyoutiful Beginnings and the experience you hope to gain (here’s your chance to “WOW” us!)
- Minimum two professional references
- Weekend availability
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. No telephone calls please. All resumes are handled in strictest confidence.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Susan Ramroop, Wedding Planner, WPIC, DWC
About Beyoutiful Beginnings
Experienced in multicultural (‘fused weddings’) Beyoutiful Beginnings caters to every type of couple, allowing them to capture their vision and watch it come to life with a touch of modern flare. Our goal is to make the planning process stress-free and most importantly, to give couples peace of mind knowing that their wedding is in good hands. Beyoutiful Beginnings offers Full Planning, ‘Day of’, and Consulting Services.