12 Days of Inspiration-Day 5: Deck the Halls…Décor!
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-38773882-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
Once you have narrowed down your theme, you can begin planning your décor! The sky’s the limit when it comes to decorating…and the best part is, if you have a strict budget, you can make anything look amazing with some creativity and a hot glue gun :).
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Use bulbs, bulbs, and more bulbs! Visit your local dollar store, buy tons of bulbs, and fill glass vases with them. You can then either fill these with water and let the bulbs float on their own, or add a floating candle to set the ambiance
- How about making your own bulbs? Find clear bulbs, create a design using glue, and then paint on some glitter! You can use these as your table numbers and hang the bulbs from a mini tree!
- Manzanita trees-you can use trees with crystals, white or brown branches and hang bulbs, diamonds, candy canes, etc.
- Lanterns-hang lanterns above each table filled with lights
- Candles-use various candle holders and vases to create a lighting effect on each table
- Use a Christmas tree as your guest sign in book-have guests sign bulbs and hang them on the tree
- Use a calendar for your sign in book and have guests sign in on their birthday-this way you’ll know when everyone’s birthday is!
- Use large trees to create a pathway-fill these trees with crystals, lights, and glitter!
- Lighting is key-use purple or blue uplighting to create the “Winter” effect
Check out my Pinterest board for more details!
Merry Planning 🙂