The Importance of Staying Happy on Your Wedding Day
After months of planning and investing thousands of dollars, your big day is finally here! You’ve invested a lot of time and money, and you deserve to enjoy every minute of your special day. Here are a few tips to remain calm and happy on your big day:
- It is what it is – Yes you have planned everything to a tee, but regardless, things will happen. There are just some things you can’t change. The best you can do is accept it and move on. Continue to go with the flow. Trust that everything you have planned has been set up and is being taken care of by either your Wedding Planner or the Venue Coordinator.
- Remember to smile – Regardless of what happens, just smile. If you’re not smiling, your guests will be able to feel it, and you’ll regret it while looking back at your pictures.
- Remember that you don’t have to please everyone – It’s impossible to make everyone happy, especially every family member. Trying to do this puts more pressure on you as a couple and doesn’t allow you to enjoy your day. Your family will love you regardless as long as you do what makes you happy.
- Communicate as a couple – Ensure that both of you know what the requirements are and what is going on for any event. Work together as a couple and don’t avoid any questions or situations that arise.
- Throw the idea of perfection out the window – This relates back to number 1. You can plan as much as you want, but let’s face it, your day is not going to be 100% perfect. You can prepare for things you think may arise, but there are things that you just can’t control, i.e. being stuck in traffic. Make sure your expectations are realistic and don’t dwell on the small things. Chances are anything that is going wrong is being taken care of and you won’t even notice it being dealt with. Let go of things that did not go according to plan and take the time to celebrate the fact that you are marrying the love of your life and are surrounded by the people who love you!
At the end of the day, only you can make the best of your wedding day. Remember to stay calm, cool, and collective. Try not to run through the itinerary in your head while you’re sitting there and you will be able to enjoy your day!
Happy Planning 🙂